DACA and international students
In a recent message to the VCU and VCU Health communities, President Rao reaffirmed Virginia Commonwealth University’s "commitment to the long-standing core values and principles of equity, inclusion and fairness that define, guide and unite us." Resources are available to support members of the VCU community:
Recent VCU statements
- Statement on the Presidential Executive Order affecting international students: In light of the recent U.S. Presidential Executive Order, the VCU Global Education Office is reaching out to students and scholars with personal, geographic or cultural ties to affected areas and to anyone with concerns. Click here to read the full statement and view available resources/FAQs
- Regardless of country of citizenship, VCU international students, scholars and faculty with concerns about immigration status (especially in connection with upcoming travel outside the U.S.) should contact Immigration Advising at (804) 828-8471 or by email at GEOIS@vcu.edu
- The Division of Student Affairs has compiled resources for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students at VCU, which includes university and community links and services. Click here to view DACA resources.
- University Counseling Services is committed to human rights and equality, promoting respect for individual and cultural differences.
- The Division for Inclusive Excellence focuses on nurturing a dynamic environment in which people of all life experiences and cultural backgrounds are valued and supported. Click here to view available resources.