Planning & Decision Support
Kathleen Shaw, M.B.A., Vice Provost
The Office of Planning and Decision Support (OPDS) is responsible for supporting executive decision-making and university planning by providing the president, provost, senior administrators and deans with timely information and data analysis. In addition, OPDS provides a variety of statistical information such as the VCU Fact Card, reports and data about the university.
In order to provide leadership in ensuring institutional effectiveness, the office:
- Supports the work of decision-makers at all levels within the university by tracking appropriate metrics and providing information and analyses necessary to make data-driven decisions
- Meets the ongoing planning and evaluation needs of VCU
- Evaluates business practices for efficiency, effectiveness and accountability
- Ensures that the university meets its statutory and voluntary reporting requirements in an accurate and timely fashion
- Pairs analysis with decision-making throughout the institution to identify information needed for decisions that are consistent with the university's mission and strategic direction, and to ensure that decision-makers have ready access to that information.
For more information, please visit the Office of Planning and Decision Support website.
901 W Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23284-2527
Phone: (804) 828-6683
Fax: (804) 828-1887